Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Crafting for a cause

At this time each year I head up a campaign to enrol my church family in the Samaritans Purse Operation Christmas Child Project.




Our goal each year  has been to collate 100 boxes to be sent overseas to children in time for Christmas.
We always include :
school supplies, toothbrush,soap and face washer,t-shirt, toys, ball, library bag and teddy along with a few other goodies....
I have some great willing people who each year craft with me to make things for the boxes. We have great fellowship while doing it and we all know that crafting is always more fun with friends.....

Yesterday I was gifted with two bags of knitted teddies and a box of snakes......

A retirement village a short way from us has an abundance of willing hands, materials available to them and no-where to give their spoils too!!!!!

Oh what great timing for me.....I will gladly put these to a great cause.....

The teddies were all knitted by one 83 year old lady  with the promise of so many more.....

I am so thrilled to be helping out the keen old folk and at the same time have some beautiful supplies to fill maybe more than 100 boxes this year.

You can get involved yourself by visiting Samaritans Purse and following the easy guide to filling your own Christmas box.


If you are reading in reader pop over to my blog to watch a great video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...