Friday, June 29, 2012

It can't be the end???


 Today was my final class in my 8 week REinventing workshop......

I had a few hurdles to jump in order to get there 
{insert unwell little boy}
thankfully my adorable sister was able to lend him a piece of couch for the day.....
I have had such a fantastic time learning new skills,
looking a garments through new eyes,
creating some fantastic new pieces for my wardrobe
and 
making some super great new friends...... 


 as something fun to do for the last class we agreed to do an op shop crawl during the week and put together a package for an anonymous swap.


 I arrived a little late to class so the gift giving was delayed but once the go ahead was given it was all on.......
we laughed and laughed,stressed that our gift wasn't going to be as great as another....oh and laughed some more.....


  no stress was needed as each chose and unwrapped their gift ,there was great excitment at what awaited us.....


In just a week, we had all mangaed to come up with some lovely sewing related treasures.....
 

Although I did notice a little chocolate was snuck into a couple of packages.....every girl knows you need a little chocolate to keep you going....


This was my package of goodies I put together......Kate was the lucky receiver....

One of my  handmade tote bag made from some oppie finds,
a tissue pouch made from a linen tea towel,
a pin cushion tea cup that I was able to put together from my trawling of local op shops

and the chocolate!


I also put in a vintage pattern instruction for wrapping..... 


I was lucky enough to receive some beautiful retro fabric zippered pouches that were collected on a stopover in Darwin during the week.
Such a lovely memento of my time in this workshop..... 


Hopefully tomorrow I can put together a roundup of all the new outfits I created during the last eight weeks
14 in total 

Hop over here to see other lovely things and lovely people



I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is.

5 comments:

  1. HI Bronwyn
    I thought that was you I spied over at the 'Sew Outside the Lines' facebook page ;) Reacquainting myself with your blog...
    Blessings
    Janelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would love to join something like that here! I have done quilt gatherings but not for outfits. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got goosebumps - you captured the day beautifully!

    14 REinventions in 8wks - think you win...not that it's a competition!

    Loved having you in the Friday mix Bron and look forward to your return. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 14 is an amazing number..what a great achievement. Your swap looked so much fun...if a little nervewracking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait to see all the things you made:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...