Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lemonade and Cream Scones

Lots of friends have said that the easiest way to make tasty scones is with lemonade and cream...I have always made them with my mum's recipe that has never let me down when I need to have something quick for unexpected guests.
But I thought I would try the lemonade thing and see. They were super easy and tasty too. The only thing is that I don't always have lemonade and cream just in the fridge, so maybe they will have to become standard fridge items from now on.

Lemonade Scones

3 cups of Self- Raising Flour
300ml Fresh Cream
3/4 cup Lemonade

Sift flour into a bowl,make a well in centre and stir in cream and lemonade using a round- bladed knife until ingredients come together to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth. Roll out dough approx.2cm in thickness then cut into rounds using a cutter. Place scone rounds side-by-side in a lightly greased tray.Sprinkle tops of scones lightly with extra flour. Bake in a 210C preheated oven for 15-20 min until golden. Turn scones out onto a clean tea towel.Serve warm with jam and cream.

I didn't get a photo of them cooked because you must eat them warm and there was no time to take photos with hungry ones around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...