Monday, August 24, 2009

Pumpkin Soup



I have made this pumpkin soup a lot lately both for ourselves and for friends that have succumbed to some lurgy. It is the easiest soup to make and so thought I would share the recipe. It comes from the handbook that goes with my 21 year old microwave.

1Kg of pumpkin ( I use varying amounts and a variety of pumpkins)
3/4 cup water
1 chicken stock cube (vegetable if you like)
1 clove of garlic ( more if you are really poorly)
1 teaspoon of curry powder
salt and pepper
2/3 cup thickened cream
1 tablspn chopped chives
sour cream to top

Peel pumpkin and remove seeds.
Dice pumpkin into pieces
Place pumpkin into a 2lt casserole dish, add water, stock cube, garlic and curry powder.
Cover and cook on HIGH (in microwave) for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool slightly
Puree pumpkin and liquid in a blender or food processor ( I use my stab blender)
Stir in salt, pepper and cream. Pour back into casserole dish (or in my case I have stab blended it in the dish)
Cook on HIGH for 4-5 min
Spoon into individual dishes and top with chives and sour cream.

Way too easy and now my secret is out .

2 comments:

  1. I couldnt find my recipe today and was going to ring you but just winged it instead. The family loved it along with the fresh bread i made!! Yum Yum pumpkin soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is yum and helped us get over our lurgy, thanks again for thinking of us. Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...