Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday's Busyness

It's Tuesday again which for me means running playgroup. I really love getting together with the families that come along. I am really loving being able to get to know them and what is going on behind the scenes, which for some of them is a lot and sometimes they just feel better because they told someone.
I also get enjoyment out of preparing the activities the kids participate in...some with mum's help, others just get stuck in all by themselves as was the case with Logan today.
I got this idea from here and only needed three basic materials to complete..my kind of craft.




This afternoon my sister picked up the kids from school for me and dropped them at the office...which was a treat for both them and Grandad who also works at the office. It was fun to see them all there gathered around his desk looking at no doubt photos of themselves! Oh and grabbing a lolly from the special tin!
It was then home to cook some
Bacon,leek and potato soup for dinner....

4 rashers rindless bacon,diced
2 tblspn of oil
1 leek, trimmed,halved,thinly sliced
750g potatoes, peeled,chopped
1lt Chicken stock
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup chopped chives
Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-heat for 5 mins or until crisp. Remove to plate.
Add oil and leek to saucepan. Cook,stirring, for 3 mins or until soft. Add potatoes. Toss to coat in leek mixture,
Add stock to saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil. reduce heat to medium-low. simmer, partially covered, for 20 mins or until potatoes are tender. Blend, in batches to desired consistency. return to saucepan. Add cream and 3/4 of the bacon. stir over low heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. sprinkle with remaining bacon.
(Recipe from Super Food Ideas Mag June 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...