Monday, March 1, 2010

Just like my mum made...

I haven't shared any recipes for a while but this is one a playgroup mum shared with me last week.
It took me straight back to my mum's kitchen...

Mum's Date Loaf



1 cup of dates
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1 flat tsp soda - bicarb

Place all the above ingredients in heatproof bowl
Pour 1 cup BOILING hot water (I use Kettle) in a bowl
Mix until butter has melted and leave to cool to lukewarm ( approx 1/2hr)
Sift 185g SR Flour into "soupy date water" and combine well.
Mixture is quite runny,but will bake OK as dates soak up moisture whilst cooking
Bake in moderate oven 25-30 mins- I use a loaf tin


It is so moist and very indulgent if you have a lashing of butter on each slice.....which really is a must...although it is so tasty on it's own.
Thanks Cy for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...