Friday, June 3, 2011

Lovely treat

 

What are these?
 The price of bananas for the last 6 months has meant that this banana loving family has gone without......that is until tonight!
A lovely friend picked up two bunches at a bargain price today and thought of a conversation we had had about missing bananas....so one bunch for her family and one bunch for mine.

Now to decide how best to devour them....
Icecream and chocolate sauce?
With a bowl of yogurt?
In banana bread or muffins?
 or
Just peeled and eaten all by itself?
 

3 comments:

  1. in our house we have resorted to buying banana bread packet mixes to bake because bananas are so expensive!
    i would just peel and eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are like gold at the moment in Australia, aren't they? Our family is craving bananas too..when we finally buy some they will be a real treat. I think I would eat some 'au naturel' and make banana bread from some..or banana custard..or..what a dilemna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid we just can't go without bananas; even if we can only afford a couple a week vs a couple of bunches.

    I bet these are all gone now?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...