Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yet more baking

These school holidays I feel like I have done so much baking...which means there is lots being eaten.....hmmmm good for everyone but me!!!


Lemon Coconut Squares ...
These are always a winner and never last very long at all. 

Raspberry Coconut Slice

Base:
90g butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup self raising flour
2/3 cup plain flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam

Topping:
2 eggs
1/3 cup castor sugar
2 cups of coconut
Base: Cream butter, sugar and egg until smooth and creamy, stir in sifted flours in two batches. Spread mixture evenly over base of well greased lamington tin. Spread evenly with jam, then with Topping. Bake in moderate oven 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the tin , cut when cold.
Topping: Beat eggs lightly with fork, beat in sugar , then coconut.



Then tonight for dinner...

Chicken Balls  
recipe found here.
These were so tasty and a great way to use chicken mince - of which I struggle to do yummy things with.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bron..yes that is a church just across the road from us! Not the one we go to..that's about 5 mins drive in another direction, but the pastors are lovely and we go to their fair every year. I love listening to their singing too, if ever I'm at home during their services. It is a nice peaceful neighbourhood. Your slices look delicious..I love lemon slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Jam Slice, (as we called it), made with homemade plum jam, was one of my favourites as a child :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...