Monday, February 13, 2012

Heart Stamps and green rice


I guess you already know it is Valentines day tomorrow?
I thought I would run with a bit of a pink heart theme at playgroup tomorrow.....
I want to achieve this idea.....so I set about in my usual thrifty manner to create what I would need....
A heart stamp.....or two or in my case 30!
I purchased some cheap thick kitchen sponges and cut out my hearts.....
I then took my stash of corks and began gluing the sponge on top......


I had second thoughts about whether that would be strong enough and decided to raid my sewing pin stash.....
Handy tips :  Choose short pins and find the softer corks.....because I had a large stash I could choose from the batch the softer ones to make it easier on my fingers.

I also managed to colour up some rice for a sensory tub  I am setting up also at playgroup tomorrow....
Easy peasy....green food colouring dropped throughout the rice then mixed by hand until desired colour spread. 
I am hoping these couple of things will be a huge hit with each of my playgroup sessions this week.....I begin a brand new group tomorrow afternoon bringing it to three sessions per week.
 

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to doing crafts on Thursday... err, I mean helping Rebekah do crafts!

    Wow, a third session! I shouldn't be surprised though, you run a fantastic playgroup. Thanks again for all your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children will love these Bron and what gorgeous Valentines the Mums and Dads will receive from their kiddos.

    p.s. you must really love your vino!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...