Saturday, April 28, 2012

Book or Movie???

Are you a book reader or movie watcher?
 
Do you see the movie first then read the book?
 
maybe you read the book and forgo the movie version
 
 
When this book came out in 2004 I "gobbled it up"...
 
it was given to me at a very emotional and painful time in life.....
 
I struggled to read the book without shedding a bucket load of tears and having many "ponderful" moments.....
It began the journey of reading what is now my favourite author......
 
 

Then the movie came out in 2008. I wasn't interested in seeing the movie...I was so affected by the book I thought the movie would spoil the act of reading such a story......

Last night I had the opportunity of catching the movie on TV....

I watched it

 Sad movie, good watch 

But no where as good as the book...
if fact I am disappointed now that I watched it...
it was so different to the book story line...
characters just weren't as passionate as those in the book.....

I am definitely a book girl  and those really good reads will stay just that for me next time.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. oooh I toss between the two. I didn't see my sister's keeper as I just thought it would be too sad and heart breaking to watch. Normally I would read the book and then watch the movie but interestingly enough the movie The Lord of the Rings made me want to read the books which I then gobbled up for breakfast! So a movie can pique your interest for the book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi Picoult - you and me both :)

    I am definitely a book girl although it has been a while since I have actually read a whole book :-/ Like you, I am often disappointed when I see a movie after reading the book as it is usually very different, losing the whole intent of the story. One of the worse I've seen was the 1995 movie "Circle of Friends" based on the Maeve Binchy novel - I was totally frustrated by the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading a book then seeing the movie because I can get a better picture of some of the meaning in the movie that for some goes unnoticed. Unless of course the director changes the story line then it just messed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...