Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Soup for the Poorly...


 {my soup bowls were an engagement pressie a long time ago!!
very eighties indeed  }


 A big person in our house had a dentist trip today ....and to say he was a little miserable was an understatement.....

So I made some Pumpkin Soup and Tuna melts for dinner...

(Thought it might be kinder on the mouth)

Here is my one bowl never fail Pumpkin Soup recipe.......

1 Kg of pumpkin
3/4 cup of water
1 chicken stock cube
1 clove of garlic , crushed
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper
2/3 cup thickened cream
1 tablespoon chopped chives
sour cream to top


1.Peel pumpkin and remove seeds.
Dice pumpkin into 3cm pieces.
2. Place pumpkin in a 2 litre casserole dish, add water, stock cube, garlic and curry powder.
3. Cover and cook on high for 12 to 14 min. Cool slightly.
4.Puree pumpkin and liquid in a blender or food processor ( I use a stab blender in the casserole dish)
5. Stir in salt, pepper and cream. Pour back into casserole dish.
6. Cook on high for 4-5 mins.
7. Spoon into individual bowls and garnish with chives and sour cream.

This recipe is from my "Panasonic Microwave Oven" Book. That is now 24 years old oh so is the microwave!

The curry and garlic aroma is delicious. xx
Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I do love the addition of curry to a pumpkin soup :)
    Hope your hubby is feeling better today.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great....now guess what I'm craving... Pumpkin soup! Hmmm I may just have some in the freezer..!! *out of here to check!*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...