Friday, August 31, 2012

My Creative Space

 A little late this week.....but I did find that time I was hanging out for late this afternoon......

I dug out SOME of my doily collection and tried to create something that I could see in my head.....


 With Fathers Day celebrations being held here on Sunday, I wanted to get on and create a table runner for the beautiful table that was crafted by my hubby a while back......


 I ended up using a linen damask tablecloth that needed up cycling and arranged and sewed some of the doilies......


 Not sure white is going to be overly practical but wanted to keep it simple and then I can add the colour with the other additions on the table.....


 So pleased I popped back to the little gift shop and got myself a set of these little glass jars....


 Flowers today.....


 and by night time...maybe some tea lights......


It is not like what I set out to achieve but I am so pleased with the deviations that I made.....

Roll on sunny Spring days to share this lovely space with friends and family. 


Check out other creative spaces here

(Actually yesterday's book week costume  was also creative I guess!!!)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Bron. I've seen this done before but without a backing - just doilies sewn together. Equally nice, but I think your idea is more practical x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and perfect for celebrating the beginning of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so very pretty, It kind of reminds me of a beautiful setting in a small cottage. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful Bron! so lovely and practical.
    hope you all had a wonderful day today.
    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to upcycle your doilies. Cute little jars too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Bron and I'm sure it will be used and admired many times. Love the little flowers in the jars too....perfect.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...