Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Too Young at 7 years old?

The little guy requested that we make pizzas for dinner......
now dad is the pizza king and tonight is the night he has commitments out of the house so not a great night to spend time making the dough and all that he does to deliver the best tasting pizzas in town....
 
Not wanting to take no for an answer, I thought I would be "funny" and suggested that the little guy make them instead.....we needed to get a couple of things from the supermarket....
He jumped at the chance and insisted that he could go on his own...on his bike ...nearly 1km to a mid sized shopping centre!!!!!
 
This is where I made a mistake.....I said "sure off you go" and even gave him a $10 note and a little shopping list...now I was thinking he would back out and realise that he couldn't do it after all...
 
hmmmmm wrong ...long story short he was sad ...very sad....and I had to do some quick negotiating ... at the gate.
I would drive him and he could take the shopping list and money and I would just stand back and watch him...... 
 
He asked for what he needed at the deli counter.......
paid the check out lady....even collected my reward points.....
 
We then headed home and tried out the pizza base recipe from here....2 ingredients..... 
 
He peeled, chopped and cooked the prawns...dad appeared at this time to oversee the stove.....
he chopped and cooked the bacon....
he chopped the cabanossi ( I really must get a child proof knife)
 
 
He topped the pizza and then we waited........
 
 
 
we then enjoyed some delicious pizza just in time for dad to head out the door...... 
 
 
So I really think he was way to young to manoeuvre the shopping trip on his own...but I did admire his determination and he really surprised me at his insistence.
 
 
But one thing he is not too young for is learning to prepare a lovely delicious meal.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Great to see that he was determined enough to follow the whole thing through..I'm glad you intervened with the shopping trip though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got alittlechef on your hands Bron. And a kiddo with an independent streak, which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw... What a little sweet young man in the making you have! My nephews are always wanting to help me around the house and especially when I cook.
    I think you handled the whole affair very well! Now you have some sweet memories and he knows that mom will let him try his wings at things. I smiled through the whole blog, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great. Our boy loves to cook too..his favourite meal to cook us all is spaghetti bolognese... he does it all realy well, puts just the right amount of seasoning in...just the right amount of garlic, etc... :) He feels so proud afterwards! And it's so nice to know that when he grows up he's gonna enjoy cooking ... his future wife might be quite impressed!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!! That pizza looks delicious! We are enjoying meals cooked by our kids too. Once a week they each have to pick a meal, do up a shopping list, shop for it and them cook it. My favourite this week was Ashlees Mushroom Risotto. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so adorable. It must be hard to stand back and just let go and watch it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a good Mum Bron and your independent little man is a Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a toss up isn't it... when do you allow them to do trips on their own to the shops. I'm so thankful that we live just round the corner from a small parade of shops. The 9 year old regularly goes up there by herself but I'm not sure about the 7 year old yet. She might be a bit feckless with crossing roads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like delicious pizzas! Well done to your little man for being a great chef!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...