Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Treasure Chest Finds No.7

While exploring the contents of my Glory Box although sentimental, my goal is to decide whether something is going to be a keeper or if it is time for it to go....


So today I am showing you this...... 


It contains my wedding keepsakes.....

you know the ones ...something blue, something borrowed, something old and something new......

I found a garter......I must have had two because I distinctly remember having one taken off my leg by some male  at the wedding reception!!!! Who does that now???  

 
 There was the little bag that my mum made using wedding dress fabric......it carried my handkerchief given to me by my nan......


There was of course the collection of horseshoes given by friends on the day .....

and this pot pouri fan that I must have carried as well.... 
 
These things feel distinctly 80's...We were married in 1988 so they are somewhat dated...

None the less they are memory keepers and for that reason I think they will be a keeper, going back in the box for that day when I can share with Meg on her wedding day some of the treasures that I carried down the isle at the tender age of 20 1/2 years old.


You can see all my other Treasure Chest finds here. 

3 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet. Definitely a keeper. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection is now part of 'family history' and great to revisit every now and then. I'm so glad some of the wedding traditions are able to be let go these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking through all of these sorts of things it's been a while since I've looked back through my wedding things. It's fun to look over and reminisce it will be nice when you can do it with Meghan. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...