Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

We shopped, we cooked, we wrapped , we decorated, we tidied, we waited, we "churched", we opened our doors.
We celebrated and shared our thankfulness as a family for the gift of Jesus. 

We shed that tear ( or in my case ,more than I knew what to do with) for those we love and that are not here.
There was laughter, merriment, excitement, surprise and a little bit of stress and weirdness....
They came....most of them........and we gave....

Memories have been made...filed away....

And that was Christmas...... 












But can I make a confession.....

What I love even more than any of that is these days between Christmas and New year....

The expectations have gone, the stress has dissipated ( a little) . We give ourselves permission to relax, hang out, do what ever you like or do nothing at all, there is no office needing our attention, the new years resolutions are not needing to be set just yet and there are plenty of treats hiding in the cupboards ........

It may even contain a birthday as well....

It is a period of time to breathe....

I feel like I haven't had a chance to breathe deep in a while....

How about you..these days sweet for you too?

6 comments:

  1. Fraser is so cute in the middle of all that wrapping lol, I bet he had a blast opening all of those presents! I have to ask though on the couch behind Fraser is a picture of a ballerina... Is that a painting of Meghan? How cool is that! It looks like a great Christmas was had by all... Yes !!! I love this time of year to settle and calm down too. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family's game of Monopoly looks much more peaceful than ours Bron!
    I love that last pic - you are looking particularly gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was very nicely family filled. And lots of great food too! What a lovely family photo that is. I agree, these days between are just the best for lounging around and doing not much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly... Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Hope it is a terrific day for you!
    Yes, the days inbetween are lovely. Been so enjoying the nothingness...
    Your pictures are a terrific capture of what looks like a full & busy day! How great to have so many to celebrate the day with . Sorry that it was also difficult though... can't imagine your pain of loss. Hugs to you... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made me teary knowing that Christmas was teary for you, sending you so much love Bron. Christmas at your place looks wonderful, love all those smiling faces and family to share it all with. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful:) Your words so much like how my Christmas was and how I feel/felt about it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful day with us. I love the photo of all of your family eating together and especially your family photo, gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...