I meant to pop in earlier in the week but it was a short one and it just got away from me.....
So this week I am thankful for...
* The gift of a huge home grown pumpkin complete with a love heart horse nibble in it.
* Rescuing my chocolate mint plant from the garden and bringing it into the kitchen...well if I can't eat chocolate I may as well be able to smell it.
* A mid long weekend rainy day...perfect for the garden and being inside cooking up a treat.
* A rainy day the perfect excuse to chop into the pumpkin and make soup for two families who I thought might need cheering up.
* The best tasting hot cross buns are only found on the Easter long weekend....they don't seem to have the same magic once the weekend has gone...or in January for that matter!
* Making it just in time to witness an important decision made by one of the newest members of our extended family.
* A clever family member coming to the rescue a week before the big day to take up the hem. ( sorry she doesn't want me to show the colour until next weeks reveal.)
* A first in our family's Easter history...a night time egg hunt with torches.....you have to be a little creative when they get bigger.
* Didn't make the beach for my brisk exercise to end the week today so walked it off around the block and still got to enjoy the stunning sunset.
* I wasn't sure I would make it through this weekend being a chocoholic and all.....but we restricted the amount of chocolate in the house and so this little tiny indulgence was just enough for me this year.
#1250 We have really enjoyed our two opportunities to gather at church to celebrate the biggest occasion on the Christian calendar. Totally thankful for the gift we are given by the sacrifice of Jesus.
Well technically we are only half way through this weekend....the kids are off till Wednesday. So still a bit of relaxing and hanging with friends to be done.
Hope your week ahead is a good one and it is filled with many things to be thankful for. x